I am Val Hopkins, USA Cycling Coach and former US National Speed Skating team member and I’m thrilled to announce that I’m starting a mountain biking team for grades 5 – 12 based in Manchester-by-the-Sea. This is a great opportunity to give your kids a taste of mountain biking in a fun, supportive environment where they can test their skills and enjoy the thrill of competing in a mountain bike race.
What you need to know about joining the “North Shore Hammerheads”:
– All levels of riders are welcome!
– Practices will be held twice per week Monday – Friday beginning in mid-March through mid-June
– No one is required to race, but we encourage riders to at least watch one race (then they will want to race in the next one!)
– Registration opens on December 1. The $200 registration fee covers all practices, team events and insurance. In addition, race registration is $30/race, a race jersey ($40) will be required for every rider.
– Riders must have a trail-ready mountain bike. After reading this page, if you have additional questions, please contact Val at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us for a Q&A Meeting at Riverside Cycles at 23 Elm Street, Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA on Tuesday, November 30 at 5:30pm.
Race schedule is as follows;
May 1 Massasoit (Middleboro, MA)
May 8 Winding Trails (Farmington, CT)
May 15 Treasure Valley (Rutland, MA)
May 22 Wompatuck (Hingham, MA)
June 12 Stratham, NH
June 19 Wolfeboro, NH
Riders in the following towns are eligible for the North Shore Hammerheads:
When registration for the league opens on 12/1/21, this link will no longer be under construction;
Race registration will open on 1/1/22, a separate email will be sent when registration is available.
Check us out on Facebook!
Contact Val at email@example.com if you have questions.